Ed Grim reported this morning that, with the strong support of alumni and friends’ volunteers as well as logistical support and guidance from Tuskegee University officials, the 2019 Adopt-A-Dorm program is off to a great start. A large turnout of volunteers has required Ed to order two hundred additional meal tickets. Ed and his team of volunteers started their work program to improve the living conditions for students on July 8, 2019. The initial scope of work includes the following projects:
· Remove and replace the floor tile in SAGE Hall
· Stop the water leak and repair the rotten wood around the roof of Tantum Hall
· Replace the old carpet with laminate in the Tantum Hall common areas
· Remove the old tile in Bethune Hall and replace with ceramic tile
· Clean and paint the breezeways in the Commons " West" living facility
· The University has also requested that Ed and his team repair the leaking roof on the training facility (weight lifting room) located on the south end of Cleve Abbott Stadium. The team will repair this roof before the end of the work period.
Additional projects will be added to the scope of work over the next two weeks. I will join the volunteers next week. If you have time to come back to campus and help with this year’s scope of work call Ed at
804-426-6059. The project will end on July 31, 2019.